In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
The slogan for Havaianas is “The Real Ones,” suggesting that all other flip flops are a knock off. It is very possible, since they have been around since 1962.
Havaianas are a bit more expensive than your average flip flops — which are generally less than $5 a pair.
On the other hand, Havaianas typically sell for between $15 to $30 a pair.
Here’s why so many people love their Havaianas…
How Havaianas Are Different
So, how are Havaianas different from other flip flops?
Well, Havaianas began to distinguish themselves from knock-offs as early as 1970 when they launched a commercial stating that “they don’t lose their shape, they don’t smell, and the straps don’t get loose”, unlike other flip flops.
Since the 1990’s Havaianas have been the height of flip flop fashion and are frequently featured in fashion magazines whenever new prints, colors and models are added to the lineup.
Would you believe they even have a line of Havaianas for babies? Under a special partnership with jeweler, H. Stern, there was once a line of Havaianas that featured a gold finish embedded with diamonds
My personal favorite is the sleek Havaianas FIT line that adds a back ankle strap to the flip flop, for a more dressed up look and a bit of added support.
Here are some reviews of Havaianas:
- Havaianas vs Spartan Flip Flops
- Plus Size Review: Why Havaianas Are Good For Larger Feet
- Sanuks vs Havaianas Flip Flops
- Havaianas Flip Flop Reviews On Amazon
- ReviewStream: Havaianas Flip Flops
- Old Navy Rubber Flip Flops vs Havaianas
See where Havaianas are made with a look inside the factory in Brazil:
Where To Buy Havaianas
- Flopstore (largest selection in the USA, over 47,000 pairs in stock)
- ShoeBuy (no tax, free shipping & returns)
- Amazon (large selection, great reviews)
- Zappos (free shipping both ways)
- Piperlime (free shipping, free returns)
- Havaianas Official Website (full product lines)
I have been a certified tightwad since I became pregnant with my first child and decided to find a way to stay home with him. I enjoy sharing my experiences in my journey back to financial health and planning for a future — which will include sending 2 kids to college and early retirement.